tinc router mode on Windows 7

Mike Bentzen mike at bentzen.com.au
Tue Apr 24 23:00:30 CEST 2012

Hi Eric,

Do you need router mode? You'll probably want switch mode for this, not
router mode. Your email isn't very descriptive of what you require - but
do you actually need the whole network to be bridged?

If you only have 3 hosts you want to connect, it's probably easier just
to install tinc on all three hosts.

If you do require a network to be bridged (this is using switch mode),
do this:

  * Change line to Mode = switch in tinc.conf on NetworkA and add the
    same line in tinc.conf on PCA
  * Remove the Subnet lines from your hosts files
  * Add a bridge on NetworkA host running the tinc daemon between the
    virtual tuntap adapter and your local network adapter
  * Make sure ipforwarding is enabled on NetworkA host running the tinc
    daemon
  * Put in the route on PC B

Hopefully I haven't missed anything - this should work.

Mike