tinc router mode on Windows 7

Eric Yau ericyaukhy at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:08:36 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I am trying to enable router mode of tinc
on Windows 7 platform. Although I have enabled the router mode and IP routing
in Windows 7 PC (Network A Server). The PC B is still unable to connect the
Network A and PC A. But the Network A and PC A is able to communicate each
other via tinc. Please help and advise me any incorrect of that.

Network A server

Real - LAN adapter IP: 192.168.1.1

tincVPN IP: 192.168.254.1

IP routing enabled = yes

Tinc.conf (Network A)

AddressFamily = ipv4

Name = NetworkA

Interface = tincVPN

Mode = Router

NetworkA

Subnet = 192.168.254.0/24

-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

XXX

-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

Tinc.conf (PC A)

AddressFamily = ipv4

Name = PCA

Interface = tincVPN

ConnectTo = NetworkA

PC A

Subnet = 192.168.254.2/32

-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

XXX

-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

PC B

PC B doesn’t have install the tinc. I just
added the below route on PC B. And PC B is able to communicate Network A LAN IP
192.168.1.1

C:\> route add 192.168.254.0 mask
255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

Thanks,

Eric
P Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.