question from openvpn user, how to "redirect-gateway" in tincd

Cédric Lemarchand cedric.lemarchand at ixcore.com
Thu Nov 11 00:51:49 CET 2010

Le 11/11/10 00:31, Julian Bäume a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 11. November 2010, 00:03:40 schrieb Benjamin Henrion:
>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> It looks fairly complicated compared to the OpenVPN way.
> I like the tinc-way better. Because it doesn’t rely on proprietary options I
> have to learn, when configuring stuff. It feels more natural to setup things
> as I do in my natural "sysadmin environment". As most use-cases are covered in
> the wiki and users would only need to copy and use provided scripts, I don’t
> think, this is unnecessarily complicated. It might be more complex, but there
> are also some benefits. If you know what you are doing, you are more fexible.
The first approach of Tinc seems to be more complicated than OpenVPN,
like every new solution, but after some couples of hours of reading man
pages and some pre prodution tests, it's ok.
Advantages that Tinc offered me compared to OpenVPN :

- more flexible
- more easy to deploy (no needs to restart nodes when adding new sites)
- mesh networking (the most important for me)

I am using it only with Linux boxes between our 15 sites, it works like
a charm.