question from openvpn user, how to "redirect-gateway" in tincd

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Thu Nov 11 00:38:38 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:03:40AM +0100, Benjamin Henrion wrote:

> > http://tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway/
> >
> > There are other ways to do it, but this is fairly simple and robust, I think.
[...]
> It looks fairly complicated compared to the OpenVPN way.

Yes, but don't forget that with OpenVPN, a client only has to deal with one
point-to-point connection, whereas tinc has to deal with any number of
connections. Also, OpenVPN's --redirect-gateway option is fairly limited, it
doesn't handle IPv6 gateways as far as I know. Last but not least: I don't want
to put options in tincd that could easily be done by external tools or scripts.