How to improve the throughput

Christian Lyra lyra at pop-pr.rnp.br
Mon Jan 18 14:29:38 CET 2010

Hi,

>  > I have tried to use tinc on WindowsXP and measured throughput in
>  > contrast to OpenVPN.

Openvpn uses lzo compression by default, I´m not sure if tinc does. I
would look for the compression parameters on both to be sure you are
comparing the same thing. Even ping responses times will be different
with/without compression.

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be
instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a full-
scale emergency.
			The Top Things I'd Do
			If I Ever Became an Evil Overlord