TAP unistall issue Windows XP

Graham Smith graham at watchmanager.net
Fri Dec 26 18:58:38 CET 2008

Hi Guus,

> Can you tell me where in the registry these bindings are...

I actually did a search on tinc-vpn.org and found a clue in the device.c
source file.  Key for network connections:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Network

There are number of subkeys. The 1st subkey in turn has a number of subkeys
and ultimately, each adaptor has a "Connection" Key which identifies the
installed adaptor.

> and how you cleaned

I did this manually.

I'll admit I don't fully understand the in's and out's of each key, but I
made some assumptions about the relevance of keys based on existing adaptors
and removed all subkeys that did not have a corresponding adaptor under
"Network Connections"

So far, no complaints

Kind regards
Graham Smith