Git repository available

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Dec 26 18:04:01 CET 2008

Hello,

Starting today a public git repository of tinc is available here:

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/git/tinc/

It is a conversion from the Subversion repository up to revision 1602 (the
release of tinc 1.0.9). The Subversion repository itself was converted from the
original CVS repository of tinc, and in the years it had accumulated a lot of
cruft. I have removed all branches that were not really used, and recreated the
release tags, so it is maybe not a perfect conversion, but I don't think it
really matters. The Subversion repository is still online if you need it.

Further development of tinc will be done in the git repository. This will allow
developers to work in their own repository, from which I can pull or from which
they can send me patches, and I can then push them to the public repository. If
you have any questions about this move to git, please ask me.