Tinc on Windows XP

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu Nov 4 16:40:02 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 07:02:54AM -0800, Murthy Nyayapati wrote:

> I have read the installation instructions for Windows.
>  The instructions don't call for creating any office
> text file (just a text file for home).  But in one of
> your figures, you show that office key being
> generated. When I run the tincd command, I see a home
> file in the hosts directory, but there is no office
> file.  Am I missing something?  Should I have created
> an office file similar to the home file or is it
> generated automatically?

The office should also have installed tinc and should have generated a
file called "office". The office should send you a copy of that file,
which you have to put in the hosts/ directory. You should send your
"home" file to the office.

> Also, does tinc work well with XP and Service Pack 2?
> Any major problems encountered?  I have not used tinc
> before.

Yes and yes. If you have SP2, have a look at
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/faq#sp2

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>