late or replayed packet warning

Jason jason+tinclist at truedesign.com
Sun Nov 7 23:54:10 CET 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Guus Sliepen wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:27:29PM -0700, Jason wrote:
>
> > > You just found a bug! It is fixed in the Subversion repository.
> >
> > Great, thanks.  Is it a simple enough fix that you could post a diff against
> > 1.0.2, or do you consider the version in the respository to be at least as
> > stable as 1.0.2?
>
> It's a simple fix, but please try the repository version, it contains a
> lot more fixes, and if I know it works without problems I might release
> it as 1.0.3 ;)

I did a checkout from the repository and had a heck of a time figuring out
how to properly generate a working configure script.  There were no docs
that I could find and no autogen.sh like in previous versions.  Anyway, I
finally found a list posting by you mentioning "autoreconf -f -s -i" and
that seemed to have done it. (I haven't really messed with the auto* tools
before) Everything built ok except for the doc subdir.  In there, I got lots
of errors in tinc.texi:

/bin/sh /usr/local/src/tincsvn/tinc/missing --run makeinfo   -I . \
 -o tinc.info est -f 'tinc.texi' || echo './'inc.texi
tinc.texi:834: Misplaced {.
tinc.texi:834: Misplaced }.
tinc.texi:839: Misplaced {.
tinc.texi:839: Misplaced }.
tinc.texi:840: Misplaced {.
tinc.texi:840: Misplaced }.
...etc...
I have texinfo 4.5 installed.

Anyway, I am running the newly compiled tincd on my local system but I am
still getting the:

Nov  7 15:31:36 titan tinc.tdvpns[24003]: Got late or replayed packet from
holden (xx.xx.xx.xx port 655), seqno 1031, last received 1032

errors.  Do I need to run the new code on all vpn members (or specifically
on holden) for the fix to work?

Jason