how to test

Bart Friederichs plant at chello.nl
Wed Feb 7 10:57:48 CET 2001

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001, you wrote:
> Bart Friederichs wrote:
> > Are there ways to test/diagnose the VPN?
>
> You should wield tcpdump on the network device over which the packets
> leave the computer (eth0) and carefully examine its output.
Euhm... I made a configuration error. It works now for ICMP ping and I had ftp
working too. But, when trying to nmap the other end of the link, it says all
ports are filtered. Is that because of tinc?

Also, the syslog keeps saying me there is 'no route to host' about every 15
minutes or so. Perhaps still a config error.

Bart
The internet is a too slow way of doing things you'd never do without it.
                                              Bart Friederichs, 1998