how to test

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Wed Feb 7 12:18:43 CET 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 10:57:48AM +0100, Bart Friederichs wrote:

> Euhm... I made a configuration error. It works now for ICMP ping and I had ftp
> working too. But, when trying to nmap the other end of the link, it says all
> ports are filtered. Is that because of tinc?

No, if tinc is configured OK then nmap will show only open or closed ports
(assuming you use the default scan method and don't have any firewalling on
the target machine).

> Also, the syslog keeps saying me there is 'no route to host' about every 15
> minutes or so. Perhaps still a config error.

Could you show us your config files and a cut&paste of those syslog error
messages?

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/