Hardware Progress

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Feb 4 19:03:54 CET 2018

Le dimanche 04 février 2018 à 12:16 +0000, E Jonsen a écrit :
> I've now got kernel 4.15 running with the same operational hardware..
>
>  http://www.toshibaclick.info/files/untested/

I just installed your 4.15 kernel, which "works for me too".
I don"t use Bluetooth, cameras, sound, etc.
Screen brightness, keyboard+touchpad, Gnone on Wayland, Wifi all work.
I had a few freezes with 4.13 from Paul. 4.14 from Paul didn't boot.

I'll report if I have problems with this one.
I apparently was able to compile a 4.12 kernel last july, which .deb
was less than 19MB. Your 4.15 is much larger. I don't remember if I had
removed too much or if it was OK.

The Wifi firmware apparently loaded here is:
67d4aad0db155a701610b156473a75fd  /lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8723bs_nic.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32108 juin  30  2016 /lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8723bs_nic.bin

> When I respun the ISO I deliberately chose not to add in Broadcomm
> drivers nor the Realtek ones. This is to allow me to manually add
> packages for it.

I don't really understand your isorespin stuff. I just install the .deb
on my working Debian install (I completely removed Windows). Maybe you
create a bootable USB drive and keep the eMMC intact ?

Thanks for your work!

--
Nicolas Huillard