Hardware Progress

E Jonsen e_jonsen at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 13:16:26 CET 2018

I've now got kernel 4.15 running with the same operational hardware..

 http://www.toshibaclick.info/files/untested/

When I respun the ISO I deliberately chose not to add in Broadcomm drivers nor the Realtek ones. This is to allow me to manually add packages for it.

What I discovered are Realtek debs having conflicts with existing linux firmware i.e. RTL8723bs is already installed. The only way to install was via a force-overwrite option, so I suspect this may be causing an issue.

My modified Makefile generates an additional tty (/dev/ttyS4) at boot - I've done this in an attempt to match the bluetooth service, that uses ttyS4 by default. However, I don't know if the driver actually creates the device node automatically during initialisation.