4.6-rc6 working wifi - Re: Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Mon May 16 14:15:39 CEST 2016

this kernel seems OK, but I get IRQ problems printed on the console
after some time. when machine is left idle for a long time, the wifi
performance becomes a problem - seems to affect both the integrated
SDIO wifi as well as a USB wifi adaptor

I've also seen if the screen blanks when machine sort of "sleeps", it
won't "wake up" again (I appreciate it's not a real sleep or suspend).
Some sort of power-saving mode must be broken?

I don't think there will be a change, but once John Brodie has tested
his patch set against the released kernel 4.6 then I will build a new
kernel.

Someone called Lionel Dor seems to have made headway with the sound
drivers for kernel 4.5, but then they had sound partly working
already. https://plus.google.com/104356267938090864498/posts/LMx4qCPy3hx