4.6-rc6 working wifi - Re: Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Mon May 16 22:52:41 CEST 2016

On 16 May 2016 at 13:15, Paul Mansfield <paul at mansfield.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't think there will be a change, but once John Brodie has tested
> his patch set against the released kernel 4.6 then I will build a new
> kernel.

he released a new patch set with the comments

"
4.6 was released last night by kernel.org.  I've updated the patch
set, mainly adding some newly found patches.  These reduce dmesg
errors by addressing some new wifi driver bugs.  They seemed to have
stopped the "soft" freeze I had in a recent kernel.  4.6 also appears
to be compatible with aufs (available separately from github)  Happy
building.

CHI perspective: bluetooth ID is still missing(needs patch from set),
no sound, backlight control works unpatched.  Stability is still
unknown.
Bluetooth not quite fully automatic but better.  I added a startup
command to launch blueman-manager.  A couple of mouse clicks or screen
taps finds my mouse and keyboard and they reconnect readily after idle
timeouts.  4.5.4 and 4.4.10 share those bt improvements."