Problem fixed, still like to build tinc

Рысь lynx at lynxlynx.tk
Tue Oct 20 11:32:45 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:08:35 +0200
Henk van der Meer <henk ÎÁ innomeer.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With regards to my previous message and to help others.
> Using the source I tracked the problem down to a call to getaddrinfo
> that failed.
> After a lot of trying I found out that somehow my host file got
> notepad++ macintosh file endings. Never even knew it existed. Anyhow
> changing that to Dos\Windows fixed my problem.
> Maybe the error message could include the error number.
> Looking/google-ing for a not English (Dutch) error message is hard.
>
> This proofs the added value of having the source code. being able to
> build it would even be better. So if anybody has some pointers than
> please.
>
> Henk

Hey, I've built tinc for windows myself recently. If you can install
Debian in VM, then it's not that hard as it looks. Tinc website even
includes guide for quick start:
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/examples/cross-compiling-windows-binary/

Even when it's not a problem to cross compile software for me I
followed it because I am lazy :)

I needed to build Tinc for Windows because I made some changes to
source code recently which makes it incompatible with original protocol.

I cross compiled many things from Windows to Windows (32->64), and I
usually develop on Windows using only mingw.

--
http://lynxlynx.tk/
Power electronics made simple