graphviz

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Fri Dec 27 13:10:29 CET 2013

> > > [...]
> > > Could you make an example or mock-up of such a layout?
> >
> > Something like:
> >
> > http://vanheusden.com/dump/tinc-html.php
>
> Ok. I agree this is more readable than the output from tincd -kUSR2 (1.0) or
> tinc dump nodes (1.1). But it would not be hard to add column alignment and
> colors to tinc 1.1's command line interface, or have it output the data in a
> structured format (JSON?) or somehow configurable (using a format string). That
> way it can be used as the building block for a web app, but doesn't have to be
> a web server itself.

I think json would then be the best way to go: then people can create
e.g. a python script which gives ansi-color output on the console. And
also a php-script showing it in html would be very easy.

> > > Tinc also doesn't keep track of whether LocalDiscovery had any influence on a
> > > direct connection or not, at the moment the only way to figure that out is to
> > > check the address used for UDP traffic.
> >
> > So it is not static, that is unfortunate as it will make debugging more
> > difficult - what node gave the (e.g. forwarding) problem?
>
> Yes. I think the best information about problems is contained in the full log
> output.  I'll try to think of a way to improve the diagnostics though.

Maybe some kind of full-screen interface which constantly updates
showing the current state. Maybe via streaming json (does that even
exist?).

Folkert van Heusden

--
Always wondered what the latency of your webserver is? Or how much more
latency you get when you go through a proxy server/tor? The numbers