graphviz

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Thu Dec 19 14:38:33 CET 2013

> > > tinc -n <netname> info <node>
> [...]
> > It's probably all there, it is just hard to read as it is so much.
> > So if it can represented in a web-page with a nice layout that would be
> > great.
> Could you make an example or mock-up of such a layout?

Something like:

http://vanheusden.com/dump/tinc-html.php

> It is indeed useful, but might also be confusing. The ad-hoc connections are
> indeed ad-hoc, so they only appear if there is some traffic between two nodes.
> Also, tinc only keeps track of its own ad-hoc connections, not of those in the
> whole VPN. In tinc 1.1, there is actually some information about the
> ad-hoc connections in the graph output: the color of the nodes indicates
> whether that node is reachable directly or indirectly, or whether a direct
> connection has not been attempted at all.
>
> Tinc also doesn't keep track of whether LocalDiscovery had any influence on a
> direct connection or not, at the moment the only way to figure that out is to
> check the address used for UDP traffic.

So it is not static, that is unfortunate as it will make debugging more
difficult - what node gave the (e.g. forwarding) problem?

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail na wan makriki wrokosani fu tan luku den logfile nanga san
den commando spiti puru. Piki puru spesrutu sani, wroko nanga difrenti