graphviz

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed Dec 18 14:31:47 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:27:40AM +0100, folkert wrote:

> > tinc -n <netname> info <node>
[...]
> It's probably all there, it is just hard to read as it is so much.
> So if it can represented in a web-page with a nice layout that would be
> great.

Could you make an example or mock-up of such a layout?

> > > I propose that the "ad-hoc connections" (localdiscovery) are also
> > > displayed in the graph (graphdumpfile) as it is useful for debugging.

It is indeed useful, but might also be confusing. The ad-hoc connections are
indeed ad-hoc, so they only appear if there is some traffic between two nodes.
Also, tinc only keeps track of its own ad-hoc connections, not of those in the
whole VPN. In tinc 1.1, there is actually some information about the
ad-hoc connections in the graph output: the color of the nodes indicates
whether that node is reachable directly or indirectly, or whether a direct
connection has not been attempted at all.

Tinc also doesn't keep track of whether LocalDiscovery had any influence on a
direct connection or not, at the moment the only way to figure that out is to
check the address used for UDP traffic.