tinc throughput on alix machines

Michael Braun michael-dev at fami-braun.de
Thu Mar 18 02:18:11 CET 2010

Hi,

Jelle de Jong schrieb:
> I got a hole bunch of alix systems running with tinc to create a wan.
>
> I have no issues with the bandwidth throughput. I do not use the
> crypto unit since the openssl lib does not (yet) work with the
> hardware on debian gnu/linux.
>
> I use the following settings on the alix systems:
>
> Compression = 9
> PMTU = 1400
> PMTUDiscovery = yes
> # Cipher = aes-128-cbc
>
> I know for sure I can do 50Mbits up en down, and probably it can even
> go higher but have not tested this yet.

I've tried disabling the cryptodev and replacing the kernel with a stock
debian one but this did not help. Though, it did help a very little bit
to decrease mtu size of the tinc device to 1400 (about 200Kb/sec).

What OS / distribution are you running on your alix machines?

Thanks,
 Michael

Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature