strange speed issue

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Jan 5 12:48:15 CET 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 02:33:33PM +0100, Samuel Graenacher wrote:

> I'm trying to connect some windows machines together using tinc 1.0.6.
> The basic connectivity (ping) works fine as expected. But I'm getting
> really poor speeds over the tinc tunnel.

For the others on the list: I found the bug that caused this. Next
release will feature a huge speed improvement under Windows. It was a
wonder it worked at all.

> P.S. On an unrelated note, is the graphviz writer built into the windows
> binary? I can't seem to get it to create a file.

It works for me. It tries to write a temporary file and then rename it
to the given filename, however that does not work under Windows if that
file already exists. So you should see two files instead of one after a
while. This will be fixed in the next release as well.

Piping it through another command also works under Windows.