Address Variabme for Roadwarriors]

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Mon Oct 25 00:08:39 CEST 2004

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this.

In thinking about the topology that I am trying to set up, I will
probably only set up a "private" DNS on the VPN for the 10.x.x.x users.

With this in mind, I have now come up with a new question relating to this.

What I will like to do is to give all of the uses, including
roadwarriors, a static IP address on the 10.x.x.x address net and have a
name in our VPN DNS associated with each one. This lead to the next problem.

Is there a way that the TinC project can come up with a new variable
possibly called "VPNDNS=" or something like that such that the
roadwarriors hosts files can use it to resolve the "ADDRESS=" variable.

I am looking for a way to allow users to connect to the roadwarrior Tinc
hosts as well and was thinking that my VPN DNS could do the job as it
will handle the entire VPN.

What do you think?
Thanks,
Lonnie