Metadata socket and net2str() error

Internal Affaires internalaffaires at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 22:54:32 CEST 2002

Thanks a lot, it's working now!
I've kept the /16 subnet and changed the IP of the Client host to 10.1.0.3.

On both hosts I had to add a route such as this:

(Server)
# route add -net 10.1.0.0 subnet 255.255.0.0 dev tap0

(Client)
# route add -net 10.0.0.0 subnet 255.255.0.0 dev tap0

Now it is possible for both hosts to ping the vpn device of the other host.
I can tell by the round trip of the ping: via the regular lan it's about 2ms
and via the vpn it's about 20ms (no compression) to 80ms (max compression).
The logs look alright too.

Two more things.. I've added the above route commands to each of the
appropriate tinc-up scripts, but it appears as though that doesn't work. So,
instead I've added them to /etc/init.d/bootmisc, which does work.

Also, when I start "iptraf" to monitor network traffic, I get a selection
list of devices to monitor, but only the regular eth and lo devices are
listed, not the vpn device.

Any idea's what might be going on?

Thanks again,
Arno