tinc-1.0pre7-i386-1.tgz

Ivo Timmermans ivo at o2w.nl
Mon Aug 26 12:34:37 CEST 2002

Marcel de Vries wrote:
> I think I have now the tunnel running correctly.
> I set up the firewall and blocked ftp on the real ip.
> So when I do on the other machine ftp <real-ip> nothing happens and
> on the virtual-ip everything works fine. And when I do a portscan from outside
> you don't see the ftp running. So far so good.
> But when I restart 1 computer in Windows and I do ftp <virtual-ip>
> then he connects also. How is that posible? Because I have tinc
> not running in windows?

Do you run tinc on the gateway or on the 'computer that you booted
into windows'?  If you run it on the gateway, that is to be expected,
as the virtual network isn't within the netmask of your lan.

If you run tinc on the 'windows'-computer, then you still have an
error in your setup.

	Ivo

--
Bus error