Here you can find events and articles that are related to tinc. If you are holding a meeting or writing an article about VPNs and also mention tinc, please tell us. If you know of any we have not listed here, we would also like to hear about it.
- SCALE 14x, January 21-24, 2016, in the Pasedana Convention Center, California, United States. There is a talk titled Secure Mesh VPN w/ Service Discovery on the 23rd from 11:30 to 12:30 in Ballroom F.
- FOSSETCON, November 19-21, 2015, at Hilton Lake Buena Vista, United States. There was a talk titled Secure peer networking with tinc in Palm 4 from 10:15 to 11:00.
- OHM2013, July 31-August 4, 2013, near Alkmaar, The Netherlands. There was a lightning talk about tinc (slides) in T2 at 15:55 on August 1, a talk about ChaosVPN in T6 at 13:00 on August 1, and combined workshop for tinc and ChaosVPN at the Milliways village.
- Chaos Communication Camp, August 10-14, 2011, in Finowfurt, Germany. We were present in the Milliways village.
- FOSDEM, February 5 and 6, 2011, in Brussels, Belgium. We were present as part of the devroom “New challenges in Virtualization”.
- FOSDEM, February 6, 2010, at 15:20 CET. At this event, Guus Sliepen gave a lightning talk titled “tinc: the difficulties of a peer-to-peer VPN on the hostile Internet”. You can look at the slides.
- Online tutorial, November 8, 2003, on irc.debian.org
#tinc at 18:00 GMT.
During this online tutorial installation, configuration and practical issues regarding tinc were discussed.
- Linux World Expo, October 29, 2003, Frankfurt, Germany.
At this expo, Marc Lehmann gave a talk (in German) titled “Einfache VPN-Netzwerke”. One of the solutions mentioned was tinc.
- NLUUG Spring
Conference, May 31, 2001, Ede, the Netherlands.
This conference was on High Availability, and so we held a talk about the HA aspects of tinc. You can find some information in the abstract. You can also download the conference paper (Dutch only).
- Open Source
Developers Europe Meeting, February 3-4, 2001, Brussels,
We were there, but unfortunately the official schedule was completely filled up. We did talk to some people in one of the extra classrooms that were available though. The sheets we brought were the same as those used during the Linux Expo.
- Linux Expo Amsterdam, January 23-24, 2001 In Amsterdam.
We held a presentation about Virtual Private Networks, and of course especially tinc. You can find some information in the abstract. You can have a look at the slides, or download the presentation.
- NLLGG meeting, October 7th,
You can look at a copy of the sheets we used.
Articles we have published:
- Linux News, year 2, issue 1: “Virtual Private Networks meer dan een buzzword” (Dutch).
- Linux Magazine, year 1, issue 2: “Virtual Private Networks met tinc” (Dutch).
References to tinc that can be found in other articles and books:
- Der eigene Server mit FreeBSD 9, a book by Benedikt Nießen, published in 2012 by dpunkt.verlag GmbH, ISBN: 978-3-89864-814-1.
- c’t magazin, 2009, issue 19: “Maschen-VPN” (German). The full article can be read online at heise.de.
- Linux Magazin, October 2003: “Einfache Verbindung: VPN-Daemon im Userspace: Tinc” (German).
- Building Linux Virtual Private Networks, a book by Oleg Kolesnikov and Brian Hatch, published February 2002 by New Riders Publishing; ISBN: 1578702666.
- “What Can VPN Do For You?”, an article on “32 bits online”, January 2001 (website gone).
- Computer Shopper, issue 151, September 2000, page 491.
- Tucows, rates tinc with 4 tuxes (out of 5)