tinc still alive?

hansg at dandy.nl hansg at dandy.nl
Sat Jun 12 22:50:05 CEST 2021

Hi.

Well I think tinc is amazing and incredible stable / resilliant.

Once you set it up. it just keeps working. All the other vpn's I tried
before (that  was years ago) tinc were always so happy to find reasons
to stop working. Tinc always recovers. and if not via host 1 you take a
detour via host2.

I have it running everywhere. Also on my tablet and phone.  And as long
as you can reach one of the nodes you're in business.  I also use it on
all my vm's They all just work via tinc ip's so it does not matter
anymore where I deploy it as long as it can get online via nat. And tinc
does this for ages even on windows.

Does wireguard work more or less the same as tinc?

Anyway. I am not looking for new features simply it does every thing I
need and for me it performs just fine. Just worried if incase of major
security issue with tinc  there is still someone that can fix it.

Regards

Hans