Concept clarification between multiple ConnecTo and multiple netname

Bright Zhao startryst at gmail.com
Mon May 1 14:16:06 CEST 2017

Hi, Etienne

Thanks for your clarification, and this helped a lot. And in order to get a better understanding for the mechanism of Tinc and the purpose of ConnectTo statement, can I think the ConnectTo is the way to get the node into the Tinc VPN domain, instead of establish VPN connection between nodes.

Once any node ConnectTo the Tinc VPN domain, it learns all other nodes, subnets, and corresponding public or private(but UDP reachable), and establish full mesh VPN among them on-demand. So technically speaking, only one ConnectTo would be enough for the node to join the full mesh VPN, but in order to provide resilience, add a second ConnectTo will be beneficial.