about generating .deb package for Ubuntu and the Tinc command

Guillermo Bisheimer gbisheimer at bys-control.com.ar
Sun Nov 13 21:28:55 CET 2016

Hi to all.

I'm experimenting with tinc 1.1 using ubuntu and I need to generate a .deb
package to be able to install latest 1.1pre14 version in ubuntu. I found
the .deb package for debian in the experimental repositories, but couldn't
find the same for ubuntu and wish to build the package myself.

I'm able to compile and install Tinc from sources on ubuntu, but never
created deb packages before. Is this process already automated in the Tinc
makefiles? I found that running "make deb" gives me an error "cannot open
'debian/changelog' for reading: Not such file or directory"

Regarding the Tinc command, can it be used for tinc 1.0 too? I'm developing
an API for tinc and I'm using information fetched from Tinc command
included in the 1.1 release. Its very helpful

Thanks!
--

*Ing. Guillermo Bisheimer*

*B&S Sistemas de Control y Equipamientos*

Av. de los Constituyentes 1172

(E3116CIX) Crespo, Entre Ríos

Tel/Fax: (0343) 407-8990 (Nuevo número)

Cel: (0343) 154679052