tinc initialization (in both Red Hat and Debian families)

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Sep 25 13:31:55 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 01:25:19PM +0300, Răzvan Sandu wrote:

> IMHO, it's *unavoidable* that the systemd initialization reads some sort of
> configuration file and learns from it how many tincd processes it should
> launch and which VPN name for each.

It is totally avoidable by using templates. As I mentioned before, using
the systemd service files that I added to git here:

http://tinc-vpn.org/git/browse?p=tinc;a=tree;f=systemd;hb=refs/heads/1.1

With those two, you can enable and start any number of tinc instances,
like this:

systemctl enable tinc at foo
systemctl enable tinc at bar
systemctl start tinc

This will instantiate two units for tinc with netnames foo and bar
respectively, and the last line will start both of them.