Two nodes with same key?

Graham Cobb g+tinc at cobb.uk.net
Mon May 11 21:00:32 CEST 2015

On 11/05/15 18:59, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> Tinc does break if you have two nodes that have the same Name
> online at the same time, since those are used to uniquely identify
> nodes in the VPN.

Ah.  I had assumed that some sort of internal UID was used to identify
nodes.

Does tinc break if the two ends of the connection disagree about the
name?  For example if my old hub was called "hub" and I told my new
hub it was called "new-hub", would clients that that tried to connect
to "hub" using a DNS name which now points to the new hub fail to connect?