Tinc Service unable to start on Windows 8.1

vmlinux vmlinux at charter.net
Thu Feb 27 17:24:30 CET 2014

>     /c:\Program Files (x86)\tinc\tincd -D -n vpn/
>
>     .. without problems, but have to keep the window open and that's not really useable. ;-)

Not sure I understand. the "-D" option tells tincd to stay attached to
the terminal window, so it is indeed doing what you're tellin git.

If you want tincd to stay running after closing the terminal, omit the
-D switch.

If you wish to start, restart or delete the tincd service, use the SC
command at a dos prompt:

eg: sc stop tinc.myvpnname
    sc start tinc.myvpnname
    sc delete tinc.myvpnname
    (something like that...not at a windows box to verify atm..)