"Possible intruder" warning

tinc.thegrue at spamgourmet.com tinc.thegrue at spamgourmet.com
Sun Dec 28 20:30:02 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm using tinc for a few years now and that this is my first post to this list
tells a lot about the quality of tinc, I think. It's just great, thanks a lot
for your fine work!

Recently I've discovered these messages in my syslog:

Dec 28 16:34:06 vdr tinc.grue[9731]: Possible intruder ix (192.168.178.25 port
60882): wrong keylength
Dec 28 16:34:06 vdr tinc.grue[9731]: Error while processing METAKEY from ix
(192.168.178.25 port 60882)

Could you give me a hint about the reason? I've compared the public keys and
they match. Also, there's no problem to connect from host vdr to host ix via
tinc...

Thanks again!
--
Markus Grunwald