Simple Class A VPN Guide - Problems

Donald Pearson donaldwhpearson at gmail.com
Fri May 3 03:13:38 CEST 2013

Couple thoughts.

In my case, I was running tinc in switch mode on a pair of linux hosts.
 All the hosts within each site's /25 range behaved as peers on a Lan, as
far as they were concerned there was no routing involved.  So if you want
to have a shared subnet across the sites, you'll need to run in switch mode
which I didn't see in your configs.

The other way to do it is a routed vpn, which is what Rob described.

If you go the routed route, the other thing that comes to mind is windows
hosts don't permit routing by default.  That's something that's separate
from anything like windows firewall.  Windows calls it "tcp/ip forwarding"
and it's configured in the registry.