Simple Class A VPN Guide - Problems

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri May 3 02:18:04 CEST 2013

If you are new to tinc, i would start with  10.0.0.1/32 and 10.0.0.2/32
When there are two gateways into the same LAN, two with the same subnet
would work, but start simple.  Start really simple.

Once you have both working with /32, then you might want to try 10.0.1.1/24and
10.0.2.2/24

i wonder how well tinc will parse spaces in folder names.
Maybe it works fine, but i would not do it anymore.
One way to get rid of spaces on windows is to use the sysinternals tool
junction.exe

junction.exe  C:\APPS32\    C:\Program Files (x86\,
junction.exe  C:\APPS64\    C:\Program Files\

then C:\APPS32\ works whereever C:\Program Files (x86)\ resides.
PrivateKeyFile = c:\Program Files (x86)\tinc\vpn\rsa_key.priv

It is better if private keys are in a non world readable folder, C:\Program
Files (x86)\  can be read by any one.