tinc 1.1pre. How to automatically start vpn tunnels? How to change the installation/config path to the same as tinc 1.0.x version from ubuntu repository?

Håvard Rabbe hrabbe at me.com
Wed Feb 13 00:22:36 CET 2013

This worked well:)
> ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

But  I can't get tinc to start automatically.
This is what I have tried so far:
I copied the file you sent me and placed it in /etc/init.d/. Renamed to tinc
I then made it executable with the command 'chmod +x tinc'
Then I used the update-rc.d command like this: 'update-rc.d tinc defaults 98 02'

The nets.boot file contains the name of the directory where the config files are stored.
But tinc is not starting when the computer is booting.

I beleive the paths to tincd and tincctl is correct in the tinc script. On my computer they are stored in /usr/sbin. The same as in the script file.

If I try to run '/etc/init.d/tinc start' manually but nothing is happening.

Is there something more I have to do to get this working? There has to be something vital i'm missing.

Thank you for your help. I'm very pleased.

Best regards,

Håvard Rabbe