tinc 1.1pre. How to automatically start vpn tunnels? How to change the installation/config path to the same as tinc 1.0.x version from ubuntu repository?

Håvard Rabbe hrabbe at me.com
Sun Feb 10 19:02:29 CET 2013

Hi!

I have compiled and installed tinc 1.1pre5 on a ubuntu machine.

With the tinc 1.0.x version that is included in the ubuntu repository I am used to having the config files in /etc/tinc/  and where each vpn has a own directory.
The file nets.boot placed in /etc/tinc where I can specify which vpn tunnels that is going to start automatically.

How can I get the vpn tunnels to start automatically in the tinc 1.1pre5 version that I have compiled and installed my self?

How can I change the installation path when I install 1.1pre5? Or is it maybe only config path I need to change?
It now looks for config in /usr/local/etc/tinc
I found out that it is probably something withe the "./configure --prefix=path" but I don't now what to type in to get the same location as in the tinc 1.0.x version.

Regards,

Håvard Rabbe