iPhone or iPad support

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Thu Jul 5 11:07:26 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 10:34:20AM +0200, Paspao wrote:

> I have some web servers (LAMP) I want to administer from main office, home (dynamic IP) , iPad and Laptop with 3G connection (roadwarrior).
>
> I was thinking of creating a VPN between servers , in this way I could connect securely and easily to server ports (es. Mysql ) without opening the firewall.
>
> I am starting to play with Tinc because it's easier and efficient but I can't find support or App for Apple devices.

There is support for iPhones in tinc's source code (thanks to Grzegorz
Dymarek). I think you need a rooted iPhone for that, and compile tinc yourself.
However, there is no ready-to-use App that you can install.

> Do you think that installing a PPTP VPN on one of the Tinc nodes will let me access with iPhone to the Tinc VPN ?

Sure, if you set up routing correctly you can have the iPhone connect to a node
running both tinc and PPTP, and have it access all the other tinc nodes through
it.