What I need to install Tinc 1.1pre2?

Ramses ramses.sevilla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:36:02 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

El 06/04/2012, a las 12:40, Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org> escribió:

>>> It seems that somehow you lost the files openssl/ecdh.h and openssl/ec.h. These
>>> are included in the 1.1pre2 tarball, try unpacking it again and recompiling.
>>
>> Aren't these files part of openssl?
>
> Oh, oops! It never occured to me that it did find tinc's ecdh.h file but not
> OpenSSL's one. I should have looked more carefully at the error messages. My
> apologies for the terse and wrong response.
>
>> Could it be that his openssl is too old and this feature needs something
>> newer?
>
> Yes, that is indeed the problem. Ramses, you should install OpenSSL 1.0.0 at
> least, I think. I will add an autoconf check to make sure it complains when it
> cannot find the elliptic curve functions.
>
>> (Btw, seems a bad idea for a filename to be the same as one part of a
>> required library, but should not create more than confusion ;)
>
> That might be true...

I have installed OpenSSL 1.0.1 and later I have compiled Tinc 1.1pre2 without problems.

The problem is that the OpenSSL 1.0.x package don't is in CentOS 5.x repositories and I need install it from the sources, and later I need to update other packages that depend of him becouse It not updates all packages dependencies (Python, Apache,...).

I think that It's a lot of work, and It can gives me some problems with other packages.

Do you think that there aren't another solution?

Best regards,

Ramses