What I need to install Tinc 1.1pre2?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Apr 6 12:40:57 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 03:09:36AM +0200, Sven-Haegar Koch wrote:

> > > ecdh.h:23:26: error: openssl/ecdh.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > It seems that somehow you lost the files openssl/ecdh.h and openssl/ec.h. These
> > are included in the 1.1pre2 tarball, try unpacking it again and recompiling.
>
> Aren't these files part of openssl?

Oh, oops! It never occured to me that it did find tinc's ecdh.h file but not
OpenSSL's one. I should have looked more carefully at the error messages. My
apologies for the terse and wrong response.

> Could it be that his openssl is too old and this feature needs something
> newer?

Yes, that is indeed the problem. Ramses, you should install OpenSSL 1.0.0 at
least, I think. I will add an autoconf check to make sure it complains when it
cannot find the elliptic curve functions.

> (Btw, seems a bad idea for a filename to be the same as one part of a
> required library, but should not create more than confusion ;)

That might be true...