Using tinc on planetlab

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:50:53 CET 2010

> Hm. Can you tell us more about how planetlab works? Is it running vanilla Linux
> directly on hardware, or is it a guest (Xen, KVM, UML), or is it some kind of
> container you're running in (OpenVZ, chroot, etc)?
>
> Can you start tinc with the -d5 -D options, and try to send ping packets to the
> tap interface, and see what it logs?

Hello,

just for sake of complete documentation I want to finish this thread.

it is was impossible for me to use tinc on PlanetLab, because it uses
Linux Vserver
http://linux-vserver.org

I was not able to use correctly tun/tap devices.

Now I'm using a enhanced planet lab system called VINI :
http://www.vini-veritas.net/

Here I can use tinc without any problem :)

Saverio