Tinc config

Albi Rebmann albi at albi.life.de
Tue May 11 09:44:27 CEST 2010

> Although it is working, have I got something wrong?  Should the Subnet in
> the local host file not exactly match the subnet in the local TAP
> interface?
>  Thank you in advance for any help on this.

The mask of the interface is the ip range you can use in your tinc vpn
netzwork (cloud). All these ips go to your vpn.
The ip (ranges) in your host file tell the vpn, that this ip(s) is(are)
available at this computer (vpn endpoint).
This way, tinc knows on which endpoint which ip is available.
And you need no extra routing table changes.

ALBI...