2nd tunnel on macosx

Mike Bentzen mike at goodlook.com.au
Wed Jul 14 14:18:18 CEST 2010

On 14/07/2010, at 9:05 PM, Hinnack wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe I am blind, but how to start 2 tunnels on OSX?
>
> using a different device I get:
> /dev/tap1 is a Generic BSD tap device
> add net 192.168.1.0: gateway 10.9.99.4
> route: writing to routing socket: File exists
> add net 10.150.0.0: gateway 10.9.99.4: File exists
> Can't bind to 0.0.0.0 port 655/tcp: Address already in use

I think you are trying to start multiple tinc daemons.
Once one daemon has started listening on port 655, you can't run more daemons on the same port. It's already in use.

Try what Guus suggested if you want to connect two nodes belonging to the same VPN.
If you're trying to make tinc join another separate VPN, you need to add another netname.

This link gives some good information about this scenario under the NETWORKS heading.
http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation/tinc.conf.5

Mike