Uninstall???

dot baiki dot_baiki at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 17:57:11 CET 2010

Dear tinc members,

How can I uninstall tinc correctly from a Ubuntu system using apt? I tried this:

$ sudo apt-get --purge remove tinc

and got this:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  tinc*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 16 not upgraded.
After this operation, 721kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 281608 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing tinc ...
dpkg: error processing tinc (--purge):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 10
 tinc

And now I am stuck again. Does anyone know?

Cheers,
dot baiki