PMTUDiscovery and ClampMSS with mixed tincd versions

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:40:56 CET 2010

> Currently, i have nodes with PMTUDiscovery =yes and ClampMSS = yes.

Hello,

these features were introduced in 1.0.13 correct ??

I also understand that the two settings are by default "yes" if not
explictly set to "no" in the config file.

what may happen if I have a network with mixed versions from 1.0.11
and 1.0.13, where the older daemons do not implement that feature ??

it is better to explicitly disable the feature in that case ? (it is
not very handy to upgrade all at once because some are embedded device
and may require a complete firmware reflash).

Saverio