Cross compiling tinc for arm platform

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Nov 24 16:09:07 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:00:36PM +0100, David Schueler wrote:

> I managed to setup a cross compiler on my Gentoo system to compile for arm
> platform.
> I installed all nessecary tools and libs in /usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc/
> like openssl lzo and so on over the cross emerge package manager.
[...]
> But when i try to establish a connection, tinc is reporting:
> tincd 1.0.11 (Nov 24 2009 12:10:17) starting, debug level 1
> tincd: can't resolve symbol 'EVP_bf_cbc'
>
> So EVP_bf_cbc is defined in evp.h of the openssl lib and is compiled into
> libcrypto.so. libcrypto.so is in /usr/lib on the arm-system.
> So why do i get that error?
> Does someone have a hint what i'm doing wrong?

Are you sure libcrypto.so in /usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc on the Gentoo system
is the same as on your ARM device? You can also try to make a static binary by
adding LDFLAGS=-static to your ./configure command. Other than that, I have no
ideas, I have no experience with cross-compiling for the ARM platform.