Cross compiling tinc for arm platform

David Schueler david.schueler at tel-billig.de
Tue Nov 24 16:00:36 CET 2009

Hello.

I managed to setup a cross compiler on my Gentoo system to compile for arm
platform.
I installed all nessecary tools and libs in /usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc/
like openssl lzo and so on over the cross emerge package manager.

But what command is nessecary to configure tinc to run on arm?
I used:
./configure --host=arm-unknown-linux-uclibc
--with-openssl-include=/usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc/usr/include
--with-openssl=/usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc/usr/lib
--with-zlib=/usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc/usr
--with-lzo=/usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibc/usr/include --prefix=/
which is working fine. make will produce a binary which is running fine on
arm.
But when i try to establish a connection, tinc is reporting:
tincd 1.0.11 (Nov 24 2009 12:10:17) starting, debug level 1
tincd: can't resolve symbol 'EVP_bf_cbc'

So EVP_bf_cbc is defined in evp.h of the openssl lib and is compiled into
libcrypto.so. libcrypto.so is in /usr/lib on the arm-system.
So why do i get that error?
Does someone have a hint what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

David