fatal signal 11 (segmentation)

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Oct 20 15:34:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 03:23:24PM +0200, walid rezzec wrote:

> Waiting for changes :)
> Should I check out changes from the svn server ?

I'll let you know when you can check out a version to test!

> I have one more question about performance of tinc : You have noticed
> certainly that there is a lot of nodes in my logs (about 30 nodes). Could
> estimate when tinc reaches its limits in terms of number of nodes ?

Last time I checked 500 nodes, the limit was the number of open filedescriptors
that could simultaneously be open on my system (which can be raised on Linux if
necessary). I'm using a VPN of approximately 25 nodes myself. There is no limit
to the number of nodes in the design of tinc, and the algorithms used are at
most O(EN) (where E is the number of edges and N the number of nodes in the
connection graph).