What's wrong in these configurations?

EleGoS elegos at fastwebnet.it
Sat Nov 25 22:45:43 CET 2006

Guus Sliepen ha scritto:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 08:07:24PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:
>

>>> You should get rid of "local". That is just plain wrong. Remove
>>> "ConnectTo = local" from your friend's tinc.conf, and remove
>>> hosts/local. Also, you should copy your hosts/elegos to your friend's
>>> hosts/ directory.
>>>

>> I've deleted hosts/local from my friend's PC, removed ConnectTo = local
>> and insered my hosts/elegos into his PC, but still doesen't work.
>>
>> I've also tried insering first in his elegos my public IP and then also
>> in mine, everytime restarting the service, but no luck :(
>>

> If elegos does not have a real public IP (it's behind NAT after all),
> then you shouldn't put any Address statements in hosts/elegos (neither
> on your or his computer).
>
> To debug your problem, run tinc with the following command:
>
> tincd -n vpn -d5 -D
>
> If the information it logs does not help you fix the problem, send me a
> copy of it, so I can have look.

It was a IPv6 problem :D
I've installed it on my windows for experimental purposes... I've used
the debugged mode and I've found errors about IPv6, so I've just added
this line to my conf: AddressFamily = ipv4 and deleted Address to both
hosts/elegos :D

THANK YOU!! yuppiiiiiiii

P.S.
If I do as server, and I'm under the NAT, if I connect to various PCs
(say: 4 or 5), those PCs are linked to one another daemon (on another
machine), and all the others connect to this last server, the in/out
traffic to me (NATted) is divided into those 5 PCs or only on one?

i.e.
elegos -> ConnectTo = PC1..PC2..PC3
PC4 -> ConnectTo = PC1..PC2..PC3
All the others -> ConnectTo = PC4

Bandwidth to elegos = PC4, or PC1/2/3 or PC4-PC*?

thanks :D