What's wrong in these configurations?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sat Nov 25 20:56:41 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 08:07:24PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:

> >You should get rid of "local". That is just plain wrong. Remove
> >"ConnectTo = local" from your friend's tinc.conf, and remove
> >hosts/local. Also, you should copy your hosts/elegos to your friend's
> >hosts/ directory.
> >
> I've deleted hosts/local from my friend's PC, removed ConnectTo = local
> and insered my hosts/elegos into his PC, but still doesen't work.
>
> I've also tried insering first in his elegos my public IP and then also
> in mine, everytime restarting the service, but no luck :(

If elegos does not have a real public IP (it's behind NAT after all),
then you shouldn't put any Address statements in hosts/elegos (neither
on your or his computer).

To debug your problem, run tinc with the following command:

tincd -n vpn -d5 -D

If the information it logs does not help you fix the problem, send me a
copy of it, so I can have look.