Tinc for gaming

Arjen Geerse rodebaron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 10:40:25 CET 2006

Hi,

Thanks for all your input, things are getting clearer now.

Actually we got it working with mode = switch and redundant connectTo's
(everybody connecting to everybody).

However, this only works with 2 persons.

As I understand, we need to broadcast all traffic from the vpn subnet to our
local subnets (or the other way around)

We tried bridging (from windows) the local connections with the Tap adapter,
but this breaks the wan connection.

Is it useful to assign a gateway to the tap adapter, and use the local
gateway address for that? Or are we looking in the wrong direction?

I wish I had paid attention in network class :(

Kind regards,

Arjen